I have started learning Oracle 11g. As a Microsoft SQL Server developer it is obvious that I will try to find ways of doing same stuff that I used to do in Management Studio.
I came to know that Oracle is quite different the way it works and its internals. I will talk about internals in my upcoming articles.
It might sound silly but the problems I faced initially, were related to Oracle SQL Developer. Oracle SQL Developer is an Integrated development environment (
Specifically first problem I came across was related to finding the schema created by one of my friend on the same database.
To view schema created by other users, follow these steps -
1. Open Oracle SQL Developer tool
2. Connect to DEV server using your username and password
3. Expand DEV>Other Users node under connection in left panel
4. Expand DEV>Other Users node under connection in left panel
5. Expand name of user you want to view schema
Hope this post will be helpful if you face similar problem.